Cleaning is an important part of vacating your rental property.
Upon vacating the property, all tenants are required to return the property in the same state as it was provided to you upon commencement of the tenancy, excluding fair wear and tear.
Cleaning often required upon vacating your home can include a ‘bond’ clean, carpet steam cleaning and pest control. Cleaning should be an extensive process and would normally require more effort than just a general clean.
We offer all of our tenants a list of preferred, local service providers. All of these businesses have been selected because of their high quality of work and reliability. Where you choose one of the noted providers below, our agency can work directly with them to resolve any minor rectifications that may be required.
GENERAL / ALL AREAS
- Vacuum and clean all sliding door and window tracks
- Sweep or mop all non-carpeted floors, removing any marks
- If pets have been kept at the property, arrange for carpets to be professionally cleaned. Supply paid invoice copy to your Property Manager.
- If pets have been kept at the property, fumigate for fleas – by registered Pest Company. Supply paid invoice copy with service details.
- Clean light fittings – gently remove light fittings and clean.
- Clean marks off walls, ceilings and light switches.
- Clean skirting boards, windows including frames, sills and tracks, above cupboards, picture rails, architraves and both sides of all doors, all other fittings, and insect/security screens etc.
- Clean curtains and blinds. Refer to Property Manager for method advice.
- Remove all cobwebs and insect marks and nests.
- Clean all walls, floors, mirrors and windows and window tracks.
- Clean inside and outside all cupboards and drawers.
- Clean toilet, bath, shower recess, remove soap residue on tiles and shower screens, clean sink, tap ware, towel rails.
- Clean water outlet in shower and bath of hair and soap build up.
- Clean in wardrobes, shelves, drawers and mirrored doors. Remove scuff marks.
- Shower curtain washed with bleach or replaced, if applicable.
- Clean inside and outside of all cupboards and doors.
- Clean inside, outside and around stove.
- Clean inside and outside of oven, griller, doors, trays, racks, glass.
- Clean inside, outside and behind refrigerator and dishwasher and microwave space.
- Clean sinks, especially drain holes, drainers and tap ware.
- Range hood exhaust and filter- filter can be removed and cleaned.
- Clean behind, inside and around washing machine space.
- Clean equipment and filters if applicable.
- Clean inside, outside and behind dryer. Remove lint.
- Clean inside, outside and around laundry tub, cabinets, shelves, drawers, tap ware.
- Clean all walls and floors, ceiling.
- Clean all air conditioner units and filters.
GARAGE, CARPORT, DRIVEWAY
- Sweep out and remove any oil residue from concrete, pavers, paths, driveways.
- Empty Council bins and place bins out on footpath for next collection.
- Close and lock garage door, if applicable.
GARDENS/LAWNS, VERANDAHS/DECKS, POOL & OUTDOOR AREAS
- Sweep and mop, clean railings, glass and light fittings.
- Remove all cobwebs, etc.
- Mow lawn, trim all edges, weed gardens, general garden tidy, remove all rubbish.
- Fill any holes made by dogs & remove dog poo.
- Return pool to condition as per condition report at start of the tenancy. Supply Pool Test report to Agent – Report to be completed near the end of tenancy date.